Jose currently resides in Venezuela where he lives on the coast with his family. He grew up in a small rural town before moving to the city for his education.
Schlumberger is the world’s leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. Working in more than 85 countries and employing approximately 113,000 people who represent over 140 nationalities, Schlumberger supplies the industry’s most comprehensive range of products and services, from exploration through production and integrated pore-to-pipeline solutions for hydrocarbon recovery that optimize reservoir performance.
Previous Work Experience
The radiation safety officer (RSO) reports directly to the Location line management and functionally to the GeoMarket RSO. The RSO has complete authority and responsibility to suspend any and all uses of radiation that the RSO deems dangerous. All personnel involved must immediately follow the instructions of the RSO. In the event of differences of opinion, discussion of the matter shall take place after compliance with the instructions of the RSO.
• Carries out any and all instructions of D&M operations support—QHSE and the Corporate and/or GeoMarket RSO regarding the management of activities and equipment related to radioactive operations.
• Adheres to all procmitted by the location’s radiation license anedures involving the use or shipment of radiation sources as per Schlumberger, business segment and local regulations.
• Ensures that radiation safety regulations, specifically regarding the import and export, storage and utilization of radioactive materials—as mandated by Schlumberger, business segment and local authorities—are strictly followed at all times.
• Reviews and ensures that all acquisition of licensed radioactive material is perd approved by the Corporate RSO.
• Ensures that all disposals of radioactive material are in accordance with regulatory requirements and corporate policy and approved by the Corporate RSO.
• Approves all source movements in and out of the facility.
• Conducts initial awareness training of new radiation workers and manages training of all radiation workers, in accordance with the requirements of this standard.
• Maintains all the radiation-related records, and ensures that RMIS and QTrac are kept up-to-date and matching at all times.
• Ensures that all radioactive source assemblies, shields, overpacks and auxiliary equipment are upgraded to the latest modification status, and that no source, shield, overpack or auxiliary equipment is deployed to a field operation unless it meets this requirement.